12.19.2015

Surgery takes me to Switzerland!

Author: Rachel

Okay, so it wasn't my own surgery...

It was my sister's! Sarah had a hip operation in early November, which thankfully, went very smoothly. Sadly, her recovery is slow and long, and as you can imagine she gets quite bored being by herself all day! Immediately after her surgery, her mobility was extremely limited, which meant she really needed some extra assistance. This is yet another moment I am thankful to live only a short flight away and be able to visit her and help take care of her for a weekend. Amazingly, this coincided with the time that my mom also was able to visit Sarah due to family sick leave. Having a weekend of Grove Girl time was indescribably lovely. Even if we spent much of the time in the apartment since Sarah was not very mobile, as long as I am with those ladies, I'm beyond happy!

My mom and I did get to go out and hike a bit each day, and we even all made an early Thanksgiving dinner together. It was such a treat to have a weekend to just lounge around, playing games, painting each other's nails and cooking together. I am so thankful for any time with these women, let alone unexpectedly being together in the middle of the school year!


At the top of San Salvartore
Happy Early Thanksgiving!
The beautiful sun setting on the mountains
A lakeside cappucino
Strolling through Morcote.







Sis is improving every day!

My heart <3

1 comment:

  1. will anyone make it home for Christmas? Your mom is her to get her hair done.

    ReplyDelete